The quality and consistency of published content have direct impacts on search rankings. However, producing high-quality content consistently for many businesses takes time and effort. One of the options to solve the problem is AI blogging tools.
You can 10x the content production process and optimization and improve its quality with AI Blogging tools.
Artificial intelligence blog writers can improve your writing, help you write on any topic, and improve productivity 10x faster.
But AI content writers also come with many flaws worth knowing.
In today’s article, I will walk you through the benefits of using AI in blogging, its limitations, pros and cons, and types of AI blogging tools you can use, and help you determine whether or not to use AI in blogging.
But first, let’s explain what AI blogging tools are.
What are AI Blogging Tools?
AI blogging tools are artificial intelligence machine learning programs trained on an extensive data set to perform blogging tasks like humans.
The most common AI blogging tool is AI content writers.
But they are not the only ones.
There are AI tools meant to perform SEO tasks, image creation, marketing tasks, administrative tasks, coding, etc.
And some AI programs can perform multiple tasks, as we’ve seen in ChatGPT from OpenAI.
It all depends on what the AI blogging tool is developed for and trained to do.
You can use AI tools in blogging for many purposes, from content creation to marketing, SEO and speed optimization, script, image creation, video editing, etc.
Your creative ability limits AI capabilities.
How to Use AI Writers in Blogging
There are many ways to use AI writers in blogging to help the writing process. But in whatever way you use AI content, don’t copy and paste it as it is and publish it on the blog.
Make sure you involve human writers or experts to take another look at the information.
Many AI content writing tools are very good at producing fluent nonsense. Content that doesn’t make sense but looks very good and convincing initially.
If you have no deep knowledge about the topic, AI content can easily fool you into believing you’ve got well-researched information.
Therefore, misleading others with fake, inaccurate, or incomplete information.
For example, look at the math below.
Look At the same math query on Google search.
When asked if ChatGPT is sure about its solution to the math query, look at how confident it demonstrates in knowing what it writes.
This is one of the many cases in which you should be careful about using artificial intelligence tools in blogging.
Here are some positive ways to use AI blogging tools to your advantage.
- Use AI to write content outlines faster
- Write blog post description meta tags
- If you’re a link builder, you can use AI to write answers to HARO queries quickly.
- Write YouTube video descriptions and generate hashtags.
- Social media status updates
- Facebook and other marketing ad copy
- Use AI to get blog post ideas and say goodbye to writer’s block
- Generates plenty of content headlines to test
- Write powerful email marketing copy in minutes
- Generates script to use in web developments
- Write an entire ebook for publication.
- Create viral images for blog posts.
- Optimized blog content for maximum SEO opportunity.
- Get keyword ideas for your blog posts.
- Use AI for keyword clusters, entities, synonymous, etc.
Which AI Blogging Tools Do I Need?
As a blogger, you wear many hats. From writing content to website management, SEO optimization, engagement, conversion, and marketing to strategic planning, you need plenty of tools to make your job easier.
From experience, you need AI blogging tools in these three aspects.
- Content Writing
These are the three areas of blogging you should focus on having AI tools to help you work smarter, faster, and achieve better results.
Based on this, here are the best AI blogging tools of 2023 you should be using.
Writesonic is a powerful AI writing assistance built on generative AI machine models, and it is learned from real-life examples of trillions of datasets.
It is one of the best AI tools for content writing and a good alternative to ChatGPT.
You can use Writesonic for SEO-optimized long and short-form content, social media, ad content, content rephraser, image creation, and all content needs.
With its latest integration with the Surfer SEO tool (Surfer Mode), you can create SEO-friendly content, perform content audits, fix SEO recommendations, and publish on WordPress without leaving your WriteSonic dashboard.
Suppose you don’t have a SurferSEO account; get the first-month premium setup for $1 through WriteSonic. So you can test and decide if SurferSEO is worth it.
Over 1 million marketing teams and agencies use Writesonic, with 10,000 5-star user ratings in popular review sites like g2 and Capterra.
Unlike Jasper, you don’t need to enter credit card details to try Writesonic for free.
The only requirement for the Writesonic free trial offer is an email address, and you get 6,250 words of credit for trying Writesonic.
Here are some of the brands that already use WriteSonic:
- Scheider Electric
ChatSonic, the latest feature in Writesonic, can give you up-to-date information on current events. It achieves this by connecting to Google and pulling data from it.
For example, I asked ChatSonic the date of the FIFA World Cup final in Qatar 2022. Here is the answer.
Impressive! ChatSonic got the date and even the contestant correctly – Argentina vs. France.
For context, OpenAI ChatGPT cannot access the internet and, therefore, can’t give information on recent or real-time data. Chatsonic (WriteSonic) is more helpful for bloggers than ChatGPT from OpenAI.
ChatSonic also uses natural language processing to understand voice commands, so you can save time typing and do more in less time.
Here are some of the WriteSonic top features:
- Create SEO-Friendly content and optImize with Surfer SEO
- Publish directly to WordPress
- No credit Card is required to access the free trial offer
- Create digital artwork in minutes
- Use Chatsonic to write content on the latest trends and real-time information (OpenAI ChatGPT-3 cutoff date is 2021)
- ChatSonic allows you to use voice commands to generate content.
- Over 80 use cases writing templates – blog content, marketing copy, social media, email marketing copy, etc.
- Enter your target keyword and generate keyword-optimized content in minutes.
- Write in over 24 languages
- And lots more
- Free Trial – 6,2500 free words (Good quality); no credit card required
- Starts at $19/month for 47,000 words
Jasper is a popular AI content writer who uses the OpenAI GPT-3 model – a third-generation generative pre-trained transformer.
You can use Jasper to write any content – long form, short form, social media content, YouTube video intro, advertising copy, email series, song lyrics, etc.
With over 50 writing use case templates, Jasper suits hundreds of content needs. And it’s available in more than 29 languages.
Many authors have used Jasper to write and publish eBooks on Amazon and other platforms.
It is excellent for writing SEO-optimized content because of its integration with Surfer SEO.
Unlike Writesonic, you need payment details to sign up for the Jasper free trial offer. You get 10,000 free words during your trial period.
Here are a few of Jasper’s AI features:
- Boss Mode – Write SEO-optimized long-form content
- More than 50 writing use case templates
- Amazon product description writer
- Article headline generator
- Expand short sentences into longer and more exciting sentences.
- PAS (Problem – Agitate – Solution) Framework
- AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) Framework.
- Quora Answers
- And more
Jasper AI Price
- Free Trial – 10,000 free words credit (Payment details required)
- Starts at – $29/month
Like other AI content generators, it relies on your text inputs to produce the correct responses. So, the better the context you feed it, the better the output.
The content quality produced by Copy.ai is excellent and consistent, and it tends to produce less fluff than generates quality content.
Copy.ai has many use cases – over 90 prebuilt content templates. From blog content sections, intro, and descriptions, to customer testimonies, there are many uses for Copy.ai.
Here are some of Copy.ai’s top features:
- Copy.ai workflow – Create personalized marketing content, work 100X faster, and solve complex marketing tasks at scale.
- Freestyle – Give commands to Copy.ai to write anything you want.
- Instagram photo caption
- Create motivational quotes for your content
- Write content for email series.
- Landing page content/sale copies
- Write a concise job description.
- Case study
- And more
- 7-day free trial – No credit card required (2,000-word credit)
- Starts at – $49/month (Unlimited words)
4. Surfer SEO
You can use it to optimize content in any language.
Also, It integrates with Grammarly, so you can check your content for plagiarism and write content in SurferSEO error-free.
In addition, SurferSEO integrates with Google Docs, WordPress, and Jasper. The Google Docs SurferSEO extension allows you to optimize content directly from it.
SurferSEO analyzes content for more than 500 SEO checklists to give you the best optimization recommendations.
You can optimize new and existing documents with SurferSEO, and increase their search visibility, leading to increased traffic and revenue.
Here are some of its top features:
- Content Editor – Generates relevant keywords and gets real-time optimization feedback with Surfer SEO.
- Keyword Research – Use Surfer SEO for keyword clusters based on your primary keyword.
- SEO Audit – Get step-by-step instructions on how to optimize content better and in less time.
- Grow Glow – AI growth management tool that gives you weekly SEO insights – extremely helpful for busy marketers.
- Outline Generator – Use SurferSEO to generate content outline in minutes.
- Basic – $49/month
- Pro – $99/month
- Business – $99/month
The internet has never seen anything like it before – ChatGPT-3 revolutionized human engagements with chatbots.
Ask this AI machine learning program anything; you will get the answer within the blink of an eye.
From informative queries to complex tasks like coding, theoretical questions, and history to blog content, ChatGPT-3 can deliver jaw-dropping responses like humans.
ChatGpt is opening the door to making money with AI in unprecedented ways.
It is an AI model developed by OpenAI, trained on extensive internet data sets and uses AI learning programs called Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF).
It is an advanced machine learning program where an AI trainer plays the user and the chatbot.
However, ChatGPT has its drawback – its information has a cutoff date of 2021.
This means ChatGPT-3 cannot give up-to-date information regarding current affairs. The AI model does not browse the internet for the freshness of facts and information.
Also, it often gives false, fake, or incorrect responses, so ensure you take a second look at outputs.
Note: Chatsonic is an advanced AI chatbot connected to Google, making it a better option if you write on current events and need factual content.
How can Bloggers use ChatGPT?
We’ve seen several use cases of ChatGPT-3 in many internet communities; as a fact, this AI model is a jack of all trades.
You can use it to :
- Create blog post
- Write content brief and outline
- Get keyword ideas and entities
- Get keyword cluster and CPC ideas
- Write speed optimization and schema code
- Generates XML sitemap
- Compose song lyrics
- Write academic essay
- Generates product descriptions
- Write the email subject line and content
- Perform mathematical calculations – the result can be hit-and-miss
- Product description and spec
- Write marketing copy
- And more
- Free – ChatGPT – 3.5
- ChatGPT Plus (GPT4) – $20/Month
Grammarly is a freemium AI-powered writing assistant that helps you write error-free content.
It helps you write confidently across platforms and devices – Android, Apple iOS, Windows, Google Docs, WordPress, web browsers, etc.
It checks content for spelling, sentence fragments, punctuation, plagiarism, word usage, grammar, clarity, engagement, tone of voice, etc.
And give suggestions for detected errors so you can be more confident with your words.
For bloggers, freelance writers, small business owners, and big brands, Grammarly is one of the must-have writing tools, especially for non-native English speakers.
It is a powerful editor for writing straightforward, grammar-free content even if you’ve never taken formal writing lessons.
Grammarly will guide you to better and high-quality content.
Some of Grammarly’s top features include the following:
- Plagiarism Checker
- Sentence Fragments
- Spell Checker
- Sentence Repharaser
- Wordy sentences checker and suggestion
- Word usage detector
- Tone Adjustment
- And more
- Free – $0/forever
- Start at $12/month for annual billing
Scalenut is another powerful AI Blogging tool to assist with writing high-quality SEO-optimized content.
It combines next-generation SEO and AI technology, like topic clusters, keyword research, content outline, NPL analysis, and AI writing assistant, to give you the best of both worlds.
The focus is helping businesses write better content that ranks while spending less time and resources.
The Scalenut Crusie Mode works like a beast. It allows you to generate high-quality content by integrating content brief and natural language processing terms.
There are templates for different content needs and use cases:
- First-person to third-person converter
- Sentence simplify – rewrite long and complex sentences into shorter versions.
- Convert passive to active voice and vice versa.
- Compelling bullet point writer
- Blog title generator
- Quora answers
- Answer questions in bullet point style
- eCommerce product description writer
- And many more -over 40 content templates
- Free Trial – 7-days
- Individual – $29/month (100,000-word credits)
- Growth – $79/month (Unlimited AI word credits)
- Pro – $149/month (Unlimited AI word and SEO reports)
Now that you know what AI blogging tools are and the tools to consider in 2023 let’s discuss whether you should use them.
Here are some pros and cons of AI technology in business blogging.
The Pros of Blogging With AI Tools?
- More content in less time – One of the apparent benefits of AI in blogging is more content. AI writes at an incredible speed which creates 10X more content than humans.
- Fewer Errors – Artificial intelligence writer is programmed to predict the next word based on previous inputs, allowing for fewer errors, unlike humans.
- Unbiased Information – AI does not feel or have emotion; thereby, free of sentiments or personal opinion.
- Goodbye to Writer’s Block – You won’t stare at the blank screen anymore. AI will get you going in minutes, from generating content ideas to the actual writing process.
- Write on Complex Topics – AI lets you write on complex industry topics, even with limited subject knowledge. With little research and input, you can improve the content quality.
The Cons of Blogging With AI Tools?
- Lack of Creativity – AI content needs creativity with the human touch, especially marketing materials and unique and engaging content.
- Algorithm Reliance – To create SEO-friendly content, AI relies on algorithms. Professional content writers know these are only some factors in creating high-ranking content. You must understand your readers and think of the best way to present the information. AI cannot know what the readers want.
- Lack of Influence – Great copywriting involves tapping into readers’ emotions, using contemporary events and terminologies people can relate to, and using it to influence their decision-making after reading the piece. This is something missing in AI-generated content.
- Lack of Consistency in Writing – AI can sometimes produce fluent rubbish, fake, or incorrect facts. And the occasionally repetitive sentences, especially in long-form content. If you’re taking AI content and publishing it as it is, you’re not doing your readers any good. However, if you want to use AI content for blogging, ensure you spend time proofreading and editing the content to improve the readability and accuracy of facts and citations.
AI Blogging tools are an excellent option for producing more content in less time. They help you speed up the content creation process and allow you to focus on other areas of your business.
But it would be best to consider the pros and cons of using AI writers for your blog content; you may have better options, like outsourcing content to freelancers. Besides, few writers buy the idea of using AI blog writing software.
Hiring human writers is best if you don’t want to risk your blog’s reputation, readers, and personalities.