"This Post contains affiliate links; we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page."
If you’re an Apple IOS user looking for free SEO software for mac, you will find many options here. I have combed the internet, collecting information about top SEO tools for MAC OS; here is my list.
But first, something important about this list…
Several SEO tools run on Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, and MAC operating systems because most search engine optimization software is browser-based. So, these SEO tools will work irrespective of the operating system.
However, when there is SEO software with separate installations for each operating system – I will highlight when there is one for MAC iOS users. So you can make an informed decision that best fits your requirements.
With that out, let’s dive along together…
Table of Contents
8 Free SEO Tools For Apple MAC iOS Users
This mac SEO software offer both free and paid version. You can access the free version before committing to the paid plan if you require more advanced features and data.
You will find the best keyword tools for mac, backlink software, SEO report software, etc. There is plenty of MAC SEO tools on the list.
1. SEO Powersuite
If you’re looking for desktop-based best SEO software for MAC OS X, SEO Powersuite is the best choice. The software is built to cater to Windows, Linux, and MAC operating system users.
And it works equally on all platforms.
Since this is a desktop-based SEO software, you can rest assured that the software is designed to specifically specifically specifically specifically work with your operating system.
The bundle package has four SEO toolkits – Rank Tracker, Link-Assistant, Website Audit, and SEO Spyglass.
On the download page, you will see options for choosing your operating system. Select Mac and continue with the download process.
Each software is separately installed on your computer when you download and run the installation package. This could be an advantage that allows you to focus on the task at hand.
Let’s say you’d want to work on a keywords task; you only need to open Rank Tracker. And if you’re working on a link-related SEO task, open Link-Assistant.
SEO Powersuite is available for free download and use but with feature limitations. The free version restricts access to certain features such as project export and saving, the number of SEO data per the report, etc.
SEO Powersuite Pricing and Features.
- Unlimited Number of Website
- Unlimited Keyword research
- Cloud storage of your project files
- Unlimited backlinks Analysis
- Compare up to 5 competitors’ websites
- Local and Global SEO
- Nine keyword research methods in Rank Tracker
- Google Ad and Analytics integration
- Optimize existing and new content.
- Six link-building modules
- Available in 9 different languages
- Unlimited Crawled page in Site Audit
- White label report – Enterprise License
- Cloud storage of your project files
- Compare up to 5 competitors’ websites.
The premium edition has two plans – SEO Powersuite professional license and Enterprise License. The professional license costs $299/yr, while the Enterprise license costs $499/yr.
Bonus: I’m giving you 14-day trial access to the SEO Powersuite professional edition if you sign up today from this link. No coupon or credit card is required. Just download from this unique link to get 14-day access.
2. Surfer SEO
Instead of publishing content and hoping it ranks, let Surfer SEO guide you in the right direction and create content optimized for SERP.
The tool analyzed your content for over 500 SEO signals against top-ranking pages for your target keyword. And gives you detailed, actionable SEO quick fixes to improve the content quality and SEO value.
What it does, in a nutshell, is to find the correlation between the top-ranking pages and on-page SEO signals to help your content rank better.
These signals include NPL, LSI, TF-IDF, Meta tags, content structure, title, word counts, keyword usage, etc.
Surfer SEO is a cloud-based SEO software solution for personal and SEO agencies. So it can be used by Mac users as well. Though Surfer SEO does not offer a free software plan, it gives a money-back guarantee.
Surfer SEO Pricing and Top Features
- Content planner – Generate content topics, research keywords data, search intent, and more in minutes.
- SEO Site Audit – Audit an entire site’s on-page SEO factor
- SERP Analyzer – Analyze competitor’s top-ranking pages
- White label report
- AI-powered writing editor
- Content Editor – Write SEO-optimized content with an AI-powered editor.
- Keywords Surfer – Google Chrome extension that gives an overview of SEO metrics in SERP
- Free content outlines AI generator
- Content optimization – Google doc extension
Surfer SEO has three standard plans, the basic plan costs $49/m, Pro at $99/m, and Business at $199/m.
Semrush is a cloud-based SEO software that thoroughly analyzes your online visibility.
If you work in any of these industries, SEO, e-commerce, marketing agency, keyword research, PR, paid marketing, Competitive analysis, marketing research, SMM, content optimization, and marketing, Semrush is your one-stop solution.
Only a few tools can rival Semrush in the quality, amount, and accuracy of data in its reports.
Whether it’s Windows, Mac OS, or Linux, you can use Semrush.
Semrush Top Features and Pricing
- Keywords Research – do keyword research from six powerful sets of tools.
- Competition research – analyze competitor marketing strategy, steal their best tactics, and stay ahead.
- Keyword database – over 21 billion queries and still growing
- Backlink – Analyze link profiles, find opportunities, manage partners, reclaim lost links, etc.
- PR monitoring – track mentions, stay in the loop and join relevant discussions in rreal time
- Advertising Research – discover competitors’ ads strategy and paid keywords performance in minutes.
- Site Audit – run an in-depth on-page scan of your site to pinpoint errors.
- Organic Search – Analyze the SERP top-ranking pages to find opportunities to beat them.
- Position Tracking – Track keywords performance and stay alert for any changes.
- Social Media Tracker – Track competitors’ social media presence to find ways to improve your follower count and engagement level.
Semrush offers a 7-day free trial of its Pro plan, which you can access from this link. However, there are three standard subscription plans:
- Pro – $119.95/m
- Guru – $299.95/m
- Business – $499.95/m
4. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is another popular cloud-based SEO software that can be used on any operating device.
The interface is user-friendly, easy to use, and understand its data for analysis. Very similar to Semrush in design and data sets.
SE Ranking offers tools for keyword research, website audit, content optimization, backlinks, competitive research, position tracking, SERP analysis, etc.
SE Ranking Top Features and Pricing
- Backlink Gap Analyzer – discover common links, and find link opportunities while spying on your competitors.
- Competitive Research – analyze competitors’ SEO and paid marketing strategies to uncover winning tactics.
- On-page SEO checker – check and optimize your content against top-ranking pages for your search keywords.
- Search Engine Auto-complete – Select your search engine and region and get thousands of keyword ideas for SEO and PPC campaigns.
- Index Status Checker – Check if major search engines have indexed your web page.
- Keyword Grouper – auto-cluster keywords based on similar search results.
- SERP Analyzer – Deep dive into the top-ranking URLs and discover ways to improve your content SEO.
There is a generous 14-day free trial offer for its premium SEO features. No credit card is required. Cancel anytime.
The company also offers one of the most reasonable and affordable pricing models in the SEO software market. You can choose from a variety of subscription plans:
- Daily – 0% discount
- Every three days – 20% discount
- Weekly – 40% discount
- Monthly – 0% discount
- Three months – 5% discount
- Six months – 10% discount
- Nine months – 15% discount
- 12 months annual plan 20% discount
There are three standard subscription plans. The Essential plan starts at $18.72 when you signup for an annual plan. Check out the full SE Ranking prices from the button below.
5. Pro Rank Tracker
This tool does one thing – Tacking keywords position in SERP – and does this job perfectly more than any other all-in-one SEO tool. It is the perfect SEO position tracking MAC OS tool.
ProRankTracker is the most accurate and updated keyword position-tracking tool in the market. You can track keyword position from any location, device type, and search engine.
You can check the SERP results for any keyword’s first 100 top-ranking pages. And see where your keyword ranks among your competitors.
From the interface, you can check some things such as domain Whois data, ranking URL, ranking longevity, and trend.
ProRankTracker is the perfect solution if your business lacks keyword tracking to improve growth. The mobile App is available on both Android and Mac IOS, so this could be a bonus for SEO report software for Mac users.
You can download the mobile app via this link. However, it required Mac OS 11 or later and an Apple M1 chip or later.
Pro Rank Tracker Pricing and Top Features
- Accurate rank tracking – Get an accurate position-tracking algorithm for the top 100 results
- Web-based application – Access your keyword data anywhere with an internet connection
- Mobile App – Monitor your keyword on the go with the ProRankTracker mobile app – Android and iOS available.
- Keyword Suggestion – Get keyword recommendations based on a selected keyword in your entry
- Track Keyword View – Track daily view, URL, and query terms SERP impressions.
- White label – Impress your client with customized reporting data.
- Track Keyword From Multiple sources – Organic desktop, Mobile, Snack pack, YouTube, Organic local search, Local Finder (GMB), etc.
- Bulk – Upload hundreds of keywords at once using the bulk upload feature
- Available in 13 languages – Customize your user dashboard to your native speaking language ( Native translation available)
- Search Volume – Get accurate keyword search volume from Google and Bing and estimated search volume data from Amazon and YouTube.
- Compare ranking – You can compare keyword position by search engines, device type, location, and URLs.
- Benchmark Report – Compare search terms of a single URL between two different dates.
- Shared Report – Ability to generate and share keyword data reports with clients and team members.
- Set up notifications – Set up alerts for keyword position changes based on your terms and conditions.
Pro Rank Tracker offers a flexible price model. You only pay for the number of keywords you want to track.
The starter plan allows a maximum of 100 search terms and starts at $13.5/per month. As you add more keywords to track, the price goes up.
You can grab the free plan of Pro Rank Tracker below to see how it can help your SEO.
RankIQ is an AI-based SEO toolset that removes the guesswork, shows you high traffic, low competition keywords in your industry, and optimizes your content to rank better in search engines.
It is cloud-based SEO software, so whether you’re an Apple MAC OS user, Windows, or Linux, RankIQ will work smoothly on your web browsers.
When you enter a target keyword in the tool, it runs against 6,000 SEO checklists to suggest the perfect optimization tips.
It shows you the right keyword to target, suggested word count, depth of content, top three Google ranking, headline analysis, etc.
You can optimize existing and new content with RankIQ
RankIQ is one of the must-have content optimization tools for bloggers.
RankIQ Top Features and Pricing
- SEO Content Brief – Write SEO-optimized content briefly in half the time.
- Optimize Old Post – RankIQ shows you what is missing in existing content and suggests optimization tips to improve its ranking.
- Optimize Title – It shows you the keyword Google loves in content headlines so you can write keyword-optimized headlines.
- Research Keyword – RankIQ has extensively handpicked low-competition niche keywords.
- Content Analysis – It suggests the topic you must cover to increase ranking potential.
RankIQ is priced at $99/month, but you can get it at a 50% discounted price – $49.
Web CEO is one of the oldest SEO software on the internet, created by a company named Radiocom, which changed its name to WebCEO in 2000.
The software offers 23 distinctive SEO tools – all online cloud-based applications. You can access the WebCEO SEO software anywhere there is an internet connection.
So whether your device is a Windows, Mac, or Linux, you can use SEO tools.
WebCEO Top Features and Pricing
- Multilingual Interface – Access your WebCEO user interface from one of the 24 available languages.
- White Lable Domain Service – Resell SEO tools, generate branded SEO reports, and run white-label SEO tools in-house as if you develop them.
- Rank Tracker – Track keywords across all SERP features such as People Also Ask, Images, Video, Maps, etc
- Keyword Research – Powerful keyword tool to research, analyze, and pick the right search terms for your content strategy
- Competitors Backlink Spy – Research, analyze, and spy on competitors’ backlink strategies to build links fast and securely.
- Toxic Link Checker – Discover potential link spam on time and send it to the Google link Disavow tool.
- Website Audit – Get an in-depth analysis of your site’s technical and on-page SEO factors with an advanced on-page SEO audit tool.
- Traffic Analysis – Analyze your traffic metric from different sources, including Google Analytics.
WebCEO Offered three standard subscriptions and 14-day free trial access. You don’t need to enter payment details to signup for the trial:
- Startup – $99/m
- Agency Unlimited – $99/m (+ scanning fee)
- Corporate – $299/m
Signup for 14-day WebCEO free trial access below.
8. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog Spider is a desktop-based on-page technical SEO audit tool. Available on Windows, Mac OS, and Ubuntu Linux. So, the software is a cross-platform tool and one of the best SEO tools for mac users.
But unlike other SEO tools on the list, Screaming Frog spider is not an all-one-SEO tool. Its specialty is an on-page technical SEO audit. If you want to diagnose technical website on-page errors, this could be the right tool.
Screaming Frog offers a free plan that allows a maximum of 500 URL crawling by the spider, but if you want more crawl limits, you need to upgrade your plan.
Screaming Frog Pricing and Top Features.
- Auto Verify search engine bots
- Detect slow URLs and large-size pages
- View the bot IP and the crawl activity
- Detect broken links, unresponsive, and redirects
- Combine and compare crawl data
- Analyze page title and meta tags information
- XML Sitemap generator
- Google Analytics Integration
- Page speed Insight Integration
- Google Search Console Integration
- Spelling and grammar checks
- Duplicate pages on your site
- Audit hreflang attribute
- Free Technical support
- And more
If you have a small website of fewer than 500 pages, download Screaming Frog Spider for free, but if you have more pages you want to crawl, the paid plan is priced at $209.yr.
The minimum hardware requirements are a 64-bit operating system and 4GB of RAM at least. For 500k URLs upward, you need at least 16GB of RAM and SDD storage hardware.
FAQ – Best SEO Software For Mac Users
Which is The Best Free SEO Tool for Mac?
I have given you a list above, but for a recap, here are my top picks:
Pro Rank Tracker
What is The Best Rank-Tracking Tool for Mac?
No doubt, the best rank-tracking tool for Mac users is Pro Rank Tracker. It offers many keyword position tracking options; you can track keywords by device type, search engines, SERP features, operating systems, location, Mobile OS, and language.
Plus, it offers a flexible payment option that gives it one step ahead of its competitors.
Is There a Free SEO Tool?
SEO Powersuite, Semrush, and Screaming Frog all offer free plans. If you’re starting small, these tools will help you generate new content and keyword ideas, audit your site, and find SERP opportunities to increase organic search rankings.
4 thoughts on “8 Powerful SEO Software For Mac OS users in 2023”
I personally use Semrush and I don’t think I need any other SEO tool. SEMrush is an all-in-one SEO tool and is helps a lot.
Sure, Semrush has it all. One-stop-solution to SEO.
Thanks for sharing this list. Most of these tools work on Windows, but since the operating systems are so different, it’s great to know that they work on Mac too!
Many tools on the list are cross-platform, especially on windows and Mac.
Thanks for reading through .