"This Post contains affiliate links; this means we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page"
Whether you’re a beginner looking to hone your marketing skills, or you’re a content creator looking for the best platform for online courses to sell your expertise, this article is useful for both the teacher and the student to find the best course platform.
For course creators, choosing the right online teaching platform is important to deliver a seamless learning experience for your student, and to help you maximize sales. And for the student, the quality of your learning platform has a direct impact on your ability to follow through and learn fast.
One of the things COVID-19 has taught us is the possibility to work, learn, communicate, and do business anywhere in the world from the comfort of our homes. The e-learning industry has seen tremendous growth since the start of social distances.
If you’re a professional, now is the best time to take your expertise online and teach others what you know best. But all online teaching platforms are not the same, so you need to do a bit of research and find the platform that best suits your needs.
Here are the 10 best platforms for online courses to sell your expertise.
What is the Best Online Course Platform for Creators?
1. Mighty Network
Mighty Network is a great online learning platform for building membership sites, online courses, communities, and professional networks.
You can move your Facebook group, and social media followers under your brand and create a community around topics that are relevant to people. If you’re a powered podcast host, event host, or physical events space, Mighty Network makes it easy to bring your ideas to life.
Creators can host live events and webinars to generate more leads, engage with followers, and potentially increase sales.
If you’re just starting as a course creator, Mighty Network can help you determine the right price for your course, and how much content you need to create a course.
This is possible with the help of a deep analytics insight into hundreds of online thriving communities over the last 5 years.
Mighty Network is available via online, Android, and IOS apps.
Mighty Network Top Features.
- Live Streaming
- Mighty Effect ™️ – Personalized member’s news feed
- Welcome and Discovery Section – Easy for members to find content that matters
- Unlimited Members, hosts, or moderators – You can grow as big as you want.
- Access to host cohort-based live streaming courses.
- Receive Payment in Different Currency – over 100
- Group Chats for Members
- Ambassador Program – Give members incentives to refer other people
- Seamless migration from other course platforms
- Use your custom domain name and landing pages.
- Ability to export members’ data
- Event Calendar
- Native Video Upload
- And lot more
Mighty Network Pricing
- Free Trial available – No Credit Card is Required
- Community – $33/month
- Business – $99/month
- Mighty Pro – Contact Supports
Note: All prices above are for the annual plans.
Thinkific is a popular learning management system platform that has been around since 2012. It offers creators a robust course platform to create, sell, and manage their teaching businesses.
Big marketplaces like Fiverr are using Thinkific for their online course platform. This shows how good the platform is. And one of the best online course platforms with certificate – creators can issue certificates to students when they complete courses on Thinkific.
There is no course limit, you can create unlimited learning courses, build landing pages, fully customize your websites, give certificates, and access to marketing tools.
The drag-and-drop editor makes it easier to create and customize your courses. And you can collect payment from over 100 currencies of the world.
Thinkific integrates with many of the tools you already use in your business, this allows for more flexibility and faster growth.
Thinkific Top Features
- Websites Templates – create and design your website from hundreds of ready-to-use templates
- Live lessons – Go live and engage your student with live interactive sections
- Custom Domain – Ability to use your domain name for your Thinkific website.
- Thinkific App Store – Get access to 80+ apps to enhance the learning experience, and provide more flexibility and tools.
- Drip schedule your course lessons.
- Community and Membership – Build your tribe, engage with your students, and build a thriving line community.
- Track Progress – Ability to track the student’s learning progress so you can give feedback
- Certificate – Issues certificates to students upon course completion – Pro plan.
- No transaction Fee – Course creators take home 100% of sales revenue.
- Free – $0/m
- Basic – $39/m
- Pro – $79
- Premiere – $399/m
If you’re a WordPress user, you will love LearnDash.
LearnDash is built on the WordPress platform and available as a WordPress plugin, and a hosted WordPress site. This makes it easier to get familiar with the environment, tools, dashboard, and features.
You have access to everything you need to succeed as an online course creator.
You can drip-feed content based on predefined triggers. Schedule email messages, and reward students for completing quizzes and courses. Rewards can be in points, badges, and certificates.
LearnDash offers a robust student management tool. You can interact with a subset of your students based on behavior, move students to a member-only plan, auto-remove course access, etc.
Some of the big names that use LearnDash include Yoast, Tony Robinson, University of Florida, and Keap.
For teachers looking for a grading system online course platform, and if you want to sell online courses from your own website, LearnDash is the place to be.
LearnDash Top Features
- Multiple pricing plans – One-time, subscription, membership, annual, etc.
- 300+ Payment Gateways – Stripe, PayPal, 2checkout, woo commerce, Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc
- Automated Notifications – Send email notifications based on student actions.
- Community Forum – Create a course-specific forum to encourage discussions
- Assignments – Ability to require assignments before students can move to the next level.
- Integration – LearnDash integrates with tools you already use – Slack, Zapier, BuddyPress, Samcart, Gravity forms, etc.
LearnDash WordPress Plugin Pricing
- One site – $199/per year
- 10 sites – $399/per year
- Unlimited sites – $799/per year
WordPress Hosted Sites
Include your domain and hosting. Access to WordPress plugin directory, 15 premium themes, and add-ons.
If you want to experience learnDash as a student or course creator, click the button below. The link takes you to the demo page.
Kajabi is an all-inclusive, one-stop solution to everything online course creation for professionals.
If you need a high-end platform with all the tools you need to sell your courses online such as email marketing, automation, funnel builder, etc…Kajabi is the right course platform.
If you’re just getting started selling courses online, Kajabi might not be the right option. This is a good platform for high-ticket course creators. And professionals who want to build and sell digital content.
It offers plenty of tools to create, manage, and scale your teaching business like never before.
Kajabi Top Feature:
- Unlimited Video Hosting – host as many videos as you want.
- Built-in website builder – you can create your online store inside Kajabi.
- Payment Options – Stripe and PayPal payment gateways
- Contact tagging – Tag contacts based on behavior to make better marketing decisions.
- Landing pages Builder – With hundreds of premade templates, you can easily build your landing pages in minutes.
- Custom Domain name – your Kajabi website is yours with a name that fit your brand and mission.
- Automated Sales funnel – Create sales funnel inside Kajabi that let you automate marketing messages based on conditions.
- Mobile App – Your audience can follow and learn from their favorite devices. Whether it’s a desktop, mobile, or tablet, you never lose your audience.
- Powerful Analytics – Kajabi offers a simple yet powerful analytics report that gives you insight into the metric that matters.
- Free Trial: 14-Day free trial (Required Credit Card)
- Basic – $119/month
- Growth – $159/month
- Pro – $319/month
Note: the prices above are based on an annual subscription plan.
One of the best online course platforms for content creators. Udemy is very popular among publishers and seasonal marketers.
With over 54 million students and 71 thousand course instructors, from over 75 languages, Udemy is your one-stop online course platform.
Udemy is the perfect online learning platform to turn your skills and knowledge into a profitable business.
There are a few advantages to using Udemy to sell your courses;
First, signing up is free, so it’s easier to start. You need to answer a few questions and upload your test video for approval. Once your account is approved, you can begin selling courses on Udemy.
There is no fee for creating or listing your courses on Udemy, too.
However, Udemy does take a percentage from your sales and these fees are well explained on the terms and conditions page.
It is worth going through this page to understand how fees are deducted from your course sales.
One of the highlights of Udemy is free 24/7 support, an extensive help resource, and a strong marketing campaign to help you succeed on the platform.
Udemy Top Features
- Retargeted Ad – creators can use this feature to target advertising to students who had earlier views, wish lists, or previewed their course.
- Coupon and Discount – Instructors can participate or opt-in to use coupon and discount offers to promote their courses. This can make a very big difference in your bottom line.
- Udemy Partnership – Udemy partners with niche sites like Groupon and many deal sites to help content creators promote their courses.
- Assignments Sharing capability – Students can share assignments with other students for feedback.
- Cross platforms – Udemy is available on the web, iOS, Android, and desktop.
- Marketing – Instructors can promote their course through four Udemy marketing channels: retargeting, email marketing, search, and discovery.
- Supports – phone, online, and a vast library of help documents for instructors and students.
- Free for instructors
- Udemy business – $360/yr per user.
6. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning (Formerly Lynda) can be a very good online learning platform for digital marketing professionals in the corporate world.
If your audience is working professionals, freelancers, executives, or remote job seekers, LinkedIn learning is a good place to start reaching.
LinkedIn Learning also offers course certificates that you can showcase on your profile to boost your cv or authority.
LinkedIn Learning Top Features
- Certificate of course completion
- Note – take notes of things as you learn through
- Exercise files – learning documents for instructors to use in teaching.
- LinkedIn Learning Assessment – Test your learning progress
- Question & Answer – Allow students to ask or answer questions from the large learning community.
- Skilled You’re Interested in – Get recommendations on learning courses that are relevant to your career path.
- Learning history – a list of all the courses you’ve learned in the past.
LinkedIn Learning cost
- $29.99 for the monthly payments
- $24.00 for the annual payment
- One month free trial
Teachable is a good starting point for beginner course creators. It offers tools to get you up and running quickly without all the technical mumbo jumbo.
Your student will have a great user experience while you choose your marketing objectives – Create a course, build an audience, or choose your course topic.
It is easy to customize the feel and look of your course, and there are a lot of helpful resources to point you in the right direction.
Like many e-learning platforms, there are lots of tutorials that walk you through the use of features and tools on the websites.
The pricing is one of the cheapest and most affordable in the learning management system platforms.
Teachable Top Features
- Reporting – Get insights into your sales report and students’ engagement level.
- Bulk Upload – Migrates existing courses and students’ details from another platform to Teachable
- Flexibility – You can give free trials, monthly subscriptions, installments, or annual payment options.
- Integrations – Teachable connects directly with Convertkit, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Segments, Zapier, and more.
- API for dev – developers can use the Teachable API in their web and app development.
- Go live or Schedule – Teachable allows you to manage your busy life without affecting your online teaching.
- Payments – accept payments from over 130 currencies.
- Free – $0/m
- Basic – $29/m
- Pro – $99/m
- Business – $249/m
Teachable charged for transaction and payment processing fee. You can find all the details on this page.
Bonus: Free Online Teaching Platform for Beginners.
If you are looking for a free online course platform to improve your knowledge, learn new skills in digital marketing, coding, business, data management, and more…Google digital garage can be a very good place to start.
Google digital garage is a program developed by Google to help beginners and businesses learn new skills, and take their careers to the next level.
Courses are created and offered by top industry learning institutions such as Coursera, Google, Future Learn, The Open University, and more.
Students can learn through video tutorials, assignments, and live webinar presentations. And take quizzes to test their capabilities.
To get certified and awarded the Google Digital Garage certificate, students must take and pass the exam.
Not all courses on the platform offer certificates at the moment. You can use the filter to find courses that fit your needs.
Summary…Best Platform for Online Courses
There is one important factor to keep in mind when researching for the best online course platform – you’re the biggest factor between success and failure.
An e-learning platform can give you all the tools, features, and resources to bring your ideas to the world, it’s up to you to deliver and go beyond the student’s expectations.
Most online teaching platforms will provide you with tools to upload, manage, and sell your courses.
They also give you the platform and tools to manage the student in a way that makes running your business easier and collecting payments effortlessly.
But what you bring to the table will determine the success or failure of your business. If your course lessons offer no tangible value to the students, you won’t make many sales beyond the initial first face of enrollment.