This is a guest post from Manidipa Bhaumik of WPBlogging360 blog.
If you are wondering why I am writing about the wellness sector today, then I must share you that health & wellness market is the next trillion dollar business.
So if some of you are thinking to enter this booming business, then let me assure you that, this is the right time to do that.
This article is for all those who are thinking to start or have already started a beauty & wellness firm & trying to keep their foot right in the web world.
Here I will discuss the right SEO strategies to grow your business online.
With the changing economics & new startups, the beauty and wellness industries are seeing a huge boom throughout the world. The products & services like cosmetics, spa, and salon are exceeding their revenue target by tens of millions of dollars in the US only.
And you can imagine the number if you include the massive Asian, African & European markets with that.
To stay competitive, you need to outshine other similar firms in the market.
Most beauty & wellness companies and advertisers now realize the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) in this digital age.
You can give your site the best chance possible to be found in the major search engines with some effective & proven easy SEO techniques.
The Race of being top in the SERPs.
Today, “being in the top” essentially means how much search engine optimized your content is. Ranking on top can drive the traffic and give your sales a strong boost.
If you want to increase your visibility across the globe, you must reach the top position for your website on Google or other major search engines. Among all the search engines, Google has the highest market share. Millions of people use Google to find every possible information.
As per the searchenginewatch.com survey, “The page one for any search query will get 40% of the search volume listed in the Google AdWords”. (The first rank being getting 36.4%).
So ranking top in the Google search results means getting a high volume of targeted traffic as they will check your site to check the specific products & services that you provide.
How to Rank top in the Search Engines?
To rank higher in the SERPs, you must be aware of all the upcoming strategies & be an active SEO practitioner for your site.
The higher the PageRank of a site, higher is the chance that it will show up in the search results. Most of the search engines including Google use secret algorithms which indicate to the various factors determining PageRank.
Naturally placed unique content keywords without unnatural stuffing helps a webpage get indexed quickly. This gradually can build some high-quality relevant links.
Strong titles and descriptions of a website help to increase search engine rankings which equal to high traffic & conversions.
Now, let us discuss the SEO strategies in detail – the dos & don’t, which will help your beauty & wellness firm to achieve greater return on investment.
SEO Practices – What You Must Do.
- Produce fresh content: Always try to produce fresh & share-worthy content.
According to Susan Gunelius, author of Content Marketing for Dummies, “Today’s single most critical factor in SEO success lies in creating content that is so useful and meaningful to your target audience that they want to consume it, then share it with their own audiences and talk about it”. See also shares, “Shareworthy content is something people will share with their own audiences across the social web, and it will lead to more traffic and incoming links to your site.”
- Keep your basic SEO right: Learn the fundamentals of On-Page SEO like the proper placing of keywords, page titles, meta-tags. No doubt, it’s a tedious job, but if done correctly it will surely pay you off.
- Be Consistent: Consistency is the single most criteria which many spa sites lack. SEO experts recommend updating a site at least thrice per week. It may vary depending upon the niche of that site. But whatever routine you follow, try to be consistent on that.
- Build quality links: The process of link building is quite tricky. Try to build as many links as possible from other popular and valuable websites. Google rewards those sites which have links from such trusted sites.
- Use Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free yet very powerful program which can analyze the visitors’ activity on your beauty blog. It also offers insights on how to improve the popularity of your site. It gives you information on how many visitors you receive from search engines, the number of unique visitors, most traffic receiving pages, the geographic location of your traffic & more.
- The power of a WordPress blog: WordPress is the best blogging platform recommended by many professionals. It is designed in such a way that it automatically makes your site SEO-optimized.
So consider launching your website on the WordPress platform.
- Use some effective software service: With hundreds of variables, Google’s search algorithm changes very often. According to Google, more than 500 changes were made last year. So it is not that easy to keep a track of all these.
Some trusted & cost-effective software services can help you to understand the technical issues like broken links, redirects, robots issues, traffic stats and other external factors that might be affecting your website.
SEO Practices – What You Shouldn’t Do.
- Don’t stuff keywords: Though nowadays almost everyone knows about this point, then also I am sharing this as keyword stuffing is the first No No in your SEO routine. This technique used to work back in the early days. This un-natural practice of repeating keywords in the content may result in getting your website penalized by Google.
- No Plagiarism: Do not ever copy & paste other’s effort. Duplicate content with a link back to some website might have given you good ranking in earlier days. But on current scenario, Google does not support this kind of practice.
- Do not buy links: You might have seen blinking ads of PR8, PR9 links on many websites. They promise you to provide you link back to your site and artificially inflate its importance in the search engines in turn of paid links.
But remember if you are caught doing this, your site is totally gone! So buying links can be one of the biggest mistakes you will ever make.
- Not Relevant Content: Google & other search engines are ensuring that the readers will always land to the apt information to their search query. So do not write useless content which will result in higher bounce rate of your site. Always try to provide useful & proper information for their search with a more related interlinked content & call to action button.
Importance of Mobile Optimization.
With the rapid increase in the number of mobile searches. Today most of the beauty & wellness companies are realizing the importance of mobile marketing strategies & hence optimizing their site across all the mobile platforms.
A fraction of the second delay in the site loading time can lose your potential customers. Optimizing your beauty site for the mobile platforms can significantly improve user experience by providing them with the maximum browsing satisfaction.
Few effective mobile SEO techniques are:
- You must have a stunning website design for your mobile users as people are more attracted to colorful & gorgeous websites.
- Make your domain search engines friendly so that the search crawlers and scanners can find your web pages easier to list them on the SERPs.
- Try to design an appropriate sitemap for your website with an excellent site navigation system. This will make your website’s navigation user-friendly & easy.
- Build a good link profile with relevant external & internal linking for better SEO results.
Along with these, always ensure that your domain is updated often with relevant and reliable information. Also, monitor & track the functioning of all the SEO activities on a regular basis.
Social Media Optimization
As per the words of Tiffany Amorosino, co-founder of Boston’s Bella Sante, “We live in a world where Facebook posts double as paid ads, and tweets are a form of journalism. Google and other search engines are adapting to social networking at an impressive rate and including social sites high up in results. It’s time to stop thinking of SEO and social media as separate entities, and integrate them into a more robust social strategy.”
I guess you have already realized the importance of effective Social media strategies. Social media optimization for effective marketing essentially means optimizing your website and content to be socially shareable.
People love to share the content which might be valuable to other readers also. More shares & engagement means better exposure of your business.
Social networks help the beauty & wellness marketers to get the customers involved with their product. Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, you can interact with a wide range of customers.
The more you interact with the consumers, the more brand loyalty you will be able to build.
Beauty & wellness industry is emerging as a major business prospect with tremendous commercial potential. Beauty consciousness among people is growing the demand for skin care, hair care, styling, and other wellness products & services.
This is the time when you must ensure that you have a strong online presence to give your business a strong boost.
Hope these easy SEO techniques & practices will help you to achieve better results & take your wellness business to its real potential!
So what’s your SEO routine?
Please share in the comments below. Also feel free to share this article with your friends & colleagues if you find it useful. Stay healthy. Stay beautiful