“This Post contains affiliate links, this means we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page”
If you’re looking for more information on the NameCheap shared hosting plans, you’re on the right page.
But before you go on, a bit of background history and why this blog has remain hosted on the NameCheap server for many years.
During the course of running this blog, I had the opportunity of hosting websites (both clients and personal) with some of the web hosting services providers.
All I can tell you is this, not many web hosts really know what hosting is all about and how important it is to the life of a business.
If you have an online presence for your business, you need a reliable and dedicated web hosting company to host your website files. After a lot of testing, comparing hosting services, Cpanel features, customer support services, downtime, etc.
I “recommend NameCheap as a reliable web hosting company you can trust. With as little as $2.88 you can get started with NameCheap shared hosting account and have your website online in minutes.
Below is a summary of how to order your NameCheap shared hosting package.
How to Order NameCheap Shared Hosting Plan
- Go to the Namecheap homepage by clicking on this link here. (Yes! That’s an affiliate link)
- On the NameCheap homepage, click on the Hosting tab at the top of the page navigation menu.
- Click on Shared Hosting from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the service/package you require.
- Select the length of time you require this package for and location – US or UK data center.
- Click on Add to Cart.
- That’s it!
Now, let’s walk through the process one after the other.
While you’re on the NameCheap homepage, click on “Hosting” from the top navigation menu as seen in the image below. From the drop-down menu button, click on “Shared Hosting“.
Next, chose your NameCheap hosting plans of your choice.
There are 3 (three) NameCheap shared hosting plans available at the time of writing:
- Stellar hosting.
- Stellar Plus hosting.
- Stellar Business Hosting.
As a starter, I advise you to go with the “Stellar hosting” package for a start. Not because is the cheapest, but is possibly what you need at the moment. Plus you’re able to host up to 3 domains in your NameCheap stellar hosting account.
Once you’re through on your Namecheap hosting plan of choice, click on the “Add to Cart Button”.
*You really don’t need to change the data center to that of UK*. However, the choice is yours. There are no technical advantages between the US data center and that of the UK.
I have inquired with the Namecheap customer service and was made to understand the price tag to the UK data center is due to the cost of maintenance on their part.
It is not related to performance issues or hosting advantages.
5. On the next page that opens, you will be prompted to choose a domain name for your new hosting package. This is if you don’t already have a domain name you wanted to use for your hosting account:
If you already have a registered domain name elsewhere with another domain registrar you wanted to use for your NameCheap hosting package. Choose “use a domain I own from another registrar” as seen in the image below.
6. On the next step, you can review your order details and apply a NameCheap coupon if you have one. If you have a NameCheap coupon code, enter it in the promo code box as seen in the image.
Click on Confirm Order to proceed to the checkout page:
7. Once done, choose the NameCheap payment method for your hosting package. You can choose one of three payment methods – Credit Card, Paypal or Account Funds and enter your payment details:
If you’re paying with a Credit Card, enter the Card Number in the appropriate field and click on continue from the right side of the page as seen below. The same applies to other payment methods.
8. On the next page, you will see the final order listing and will need to agree to NameCheap Terms and Agreements. Agree to the term and agreement by checking the box, after that click on the Pay Now red button as seen in the image below:
A shared hosting account is usually activated instantly, however, in some cases it might take up to an hour.
Once your account is activated, you will receive your NameCheap hosting welcome message via the email address you submitted during the registration process. It will have all your hosting account’s login details, settings, and instructions.
Go here now to purchase your hosting account from NameCheap and registered your domain name.
NameCheap Payment Methods
NameCheap payment methods make it convenient and easy to make your payment on the website.
There two ways to make payment for the purchase of your Namecheap products. You can choose between PayPal or MasterCard payment.
You can add up to 3 MasterCard for making payment on the NameCheap website for products and services purchased. And you can set up a Card as the primary default card to charge first when the automatic renewal is set on.
For PayPal account, you will have to make at least one purchase from the NameCheap market place before you can set it up for automatic renewal.
This helps to protect an unauthorized PayPal account for making payment for your NameCheap account purchase.
NameCheap is one the best web hosting and domain name companies you can trust.
I have been with Namecheap since 2015, and honestly, I never for once regret my decision.
Though I may move to another web hosting company in the future I hope that wouldn’t be for lack of quality hosting service provided by Namecheap.