"This Post contains affiliate links; this means we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page"
Analytics are extremely useful for social media marketing.
It is only social media analytics tools that can allow you to make sense of your social media stats. The insights provided by these tools inform your overall marketing strategy.
You can tell what’s working and hence replicate success and, also find out what isn’t working. With the proper tool, you can streamline your social media marketing efforts and apply limited marketing resources for maximum benefit.
We’ve put together a list of 8 great social media analytics tools. Most of them are free or have a feature-packed free trial option. They are not arranged in any particular order.
Iconosquare (formerly Statigram) is an Instagram analytics and management platform. Some of the features include:
- Measure your follower growth.
- Visualize followers gained daily and lost.
- Find out where your followers are located.
- Manage all your accounts from the same interface.
- Schedule posts in advance.
- Create custom feeds to follow specific groups of users and hashtags.
- Find the best Instagram influencers in a few seconds.
Iconosquare has a full-featured 14-day free trial after which pricing starts at $54 per year.
2. Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a must-use tool for any serious social media marketer. It is primarily used to track website traffic. Its social analytics provides you with the tools to measure the impact of social. You can:
- Identify high-value networks and content.
- Track on-site and off-site user interaction with your content
- Tie all this back to your bottom line revenue through goals and conversions.
Google Analytics is completely free, all you need is a Google account (Gmail).
Tailwind is a Pinterest and Instagram analytics tool to discover content, schedule posts, monitor conversations, amplify reach, and analyze results. Getting started is free and you can sign-up with either an Instagram or Pinterest account.
Beevolve is a powerful and easy-to-use social media software for business. With Beevolve you can monitor your brand mentions, schedule and launch social media posts and measure resulting sales and engagement for those posts – all in one easy-to-use platform. Other features include:
- Social media post statistics such as conversions, shares, and comments.
- Post metrics drill-down such as heat-maps of your campaigns
- Visitor re-targeting
- Digital channel measurement of the overall effectiveness of social channels in generating conversions and sales for your organization.
- Visitor demographics
- Competitive intelligence
- Identifying brand advocates
- Customizable reports
Riffle is a Twitter dashboard that helps you build more purposeful relationships with your community. With Riffle, you can build instant rapport with anyone on Twitter.
This allows you to get insights into the current and potential value of everyone so that you can plan how to engage them effectively.
See anyone’s Twitter engagement, interest, and activity analytics in real-time so that you can make interactions more personal and more meaningful. Riffle is free and can be added to the Chrome browser in seconds.
HowSociable provides you with a social score for all the main social networks. With a free account, you can see your social score for Tumblr, WordPress, Blogger, Reddit, and 8 other social sites.
To unlock your social score for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Posterous, and 32 other social sites, you need a pro account that’s priced at $9 per 3 months. The social score factors in the activity around your brand over the last week.
TweetReach by Union Metrics is a nifty tool that gives you a report of any hashtag, keyword or account. Once you enter the hashtag, account or keyword into the search field, you get a report that contains:
- The estimated reach in terms of accounts reached.
- Impressions generated.
- Activity by the time of day.
- The top contributors to that hashtag, account or keyword.
- A timeline of tweets
A free account entitles you to unlimited free snapshot reports, which provide a quick analysis of up to 100 Tweets posted in the past few days. Full snapshots are priced at $20 each and allow up to 1,500 tweets from the past week. A paid subscription will cost you $99 per month.
8. WolframAlpha Facebook Report.
This is a tool built by the team at Wolfram Alpha search engine. The Facebook Report provides you with a visualization of your posting activity, friends, and conversations.
There are numerous other social media analytics tools to help you streamline your social media marketing. These are by no means the best but they are easy on the pocket and come packed with useful features.