"This Post contains affiliate links; this means we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page".
There are 168 hours in a week, and those are a lot of hours. Still, some students think that it is not enough time. Students have a lot of assignments and projects to do and study for the tests too.
Rather than studying hard, it is always better to study smart. Best Essay Help provides you with 20 ways to learn better and faster. That will give you much time for your social life and commitments other than school and college.
- Always learn the same thing in different ways. To learn a topic you need to read the class notes, read the textbook, and create a mind topic along with looking for some online resources as well.
- It is important to study different subjects each day. Keeping your focus on one or two subjects each day can get you bored and you will feel exhausted.
- Rather than cramming, move the information from short term memory to long term memory by reviewing it periodically. 1st review is recommended after 1 day of learning while 2nd and 3rd review should be after 3 days and 7 days of the previous review.
- If you have a choice, always sit in the front row of a class. Research has shown the student who sits in front rows have better exam scores as compared to the students in the middle and back rows.
- Perform one task at one time. No need to do multitasking as it will take away the attention from you to learn one thing better.
- The more simple and shorter the information the better it is to learn. Make sure to compress, summarize, and simplify the learning lessons that are easy to remember and recall.
- Rather than using your computer, tab, or laptop always take notes of the lessons with your hand. It doesn’t matter if you are attending an online class or a physical class. Writing with your hand makes you remember things.
- Write your worries down to get rid of themselves. Despite preparing really well for the exam, there is always an added pressure of good performance which can create fear of the future. It can ultimately affect your progress so get rid of your worries by writing them on paper.
- It is always better to test yourself frequently to exactly understand your strengths and weakness. It will help you to identify your weak areas and how you can get better in it.
- To learn better and for the long term, one tip is to connect what you have learned with something that you know already.
- While studying, always read important information with a loud voice and a purpose to understand it and go deep into it.
- Regular breaks between study hours are important to keep yourself fresh and motivated for learning.
- When you end each of your study session, reward yourself. It can be anything like half an hour cartoon on television, having an ice-cream with friends. This is a much better idea to keep yourself motivated for the study rather than getting bored.
- The only thing that matters is what you have learned. Sometimes it may not be reflected in the outcome so no need to worry. Focus on the professional life skills you get by learning.
- Keep yourself hydrated, with a lot of water at regular intervals throughout the day. It is not only important for physical health but it keeps you mentally active as well.
- Study smarter is only possible if you have good physical and mental health. To sustain better physical health, at least do exercise thrice a week.
- An active and fresh mind is necessary to maximize your potential. At least sleep eight hours for the night.
- Better food results in better health, eat blueberries. It makes connections in the brain strong and initiates the regeneration of brain cells.
- Chicken and eggs are high in choline. The study has shown that students with a diet that is high in choline have better memory test as compared to others.
- The Omega-3 fatty acid is important for brain function. It reduces the test anxiety in students which is critical to perform better in exams.
Image Source: PixaBay