If you’re struggling to get more YouTube views, try every trick in the book, still, nothing work; here are 12 helpful tips to help you change that and start generating significant video views and engagements.
From tweaking your video content copy, like thumbnails, and descriptions, to playing on human psychology, you will learn plenty of tips in this post.
Let’s dive in.
1. Use “BOGY” Thumbnails
Understanding how to get views on YouTube starts with creating engaging thumbnails.
Your thumbnail needs to catch the viewer’s eye in the vast sea of YouTube’s content. Using the BOGY color scheme can significantly enhance your video’s visibility. Here’s why:
– Blue, Orange, Green, and Yellow are vibrant colors against YouTube’s dominant red, black, and white interface. By incorporating these colors, you can ensure your thumbnails pop out, drawing the attention of potential viewers.
– Psychology of Colors: Studies suggest bright colors like BOGY stimulate positive emotions. Fusing these colors in your thumbnails can subconsciously encourage users to click on your video.
Now, knowing the importance of BOGY thumbnails is half the battle. Implementing them effectively is the next step in mastering getting views on YouTube.
– Balance: While using BOGY colors, ensure a balanced use. Overdoing it might make your thumbnail look unprofessional.
– Relevance: Colors should complement the content of your video. A bright yellow thumbnail may seem misleading if you’re discussing gloomy topics.
– Consistency: Keeping a consistent color scheme across your videos can help brand recognition, making viewers more likely to click on familiar-looking content.
Remember, the goal is to create a visually pleasing thumbnail that stands out and accurately represents your video’s content.
A well-executed BOGY thumbnail can attract more eyeballs and boost your YouTube views significantly. So, start experimenting with these colors in your thumbnails and watch your view count soar. Stay tuned for more practical tips on how to get views on YouTube.
2. Utilize a Proven Video Description Template
When figuring out how to get views on YouTube, one of the key steps involves crafting a compelling and informative video description. YouTube’s algorithms use these descriptions to comprehend your content, ranking it accordingly in search results.
The first couple of sentences of your description should include your target keyword. This signals to YouTube’s algorithms what your video is about, helping to position it in front of the right audience.
Don’t forget to include links to your social media profiles and website in your video description.
This serves dual purposes – it provides viewers with more ways to connect with you, but it also signals to YouTube that you’re a credible source of information, which can help boost your video’s ranking.
To summarize, here are the key points to remember when writing your video description:
– Ensure your description is engaging, informative, and at least 150 words long.
– Outline what the viewer will learn from your video.
– Include links to your social media profiles and website.
Remember, mastering YouTube isn’t about quick tricks – it’s about providing valuable content and making it easy for the platform and your potential viewers to understand what that content is about.
3. Boost Your Video Title CTR (Click-Through Rate)
Understanding how to get views on YouTube is not a simple task; it requires a keen eye for detail and a knack for creativity. However, one highly effective strategy is to optimize your video title to increase your Click-Through Rate (CTR).
Your video title is the first thing potential viewers see when they see your content.
Thus, it must capture attention while accurately representing your video’s content. An engaging title that resonates with your target audience can significantly boost your video’s visibility and views.
For instance, consider using brackets or parentheses at the end of your title. Adding these elements can increase your CTR by a whopping 33%. Why?
They add a touch of intrigue and additional information that piques the viewer’s curiosity.
For example, “Mastering YouTube: A Step-by-Step Guide [2023 Edition]” is more engaging and current than simply “Mastering YouTube.”
Moreover, don’t avoid incorporating numbers relevant to your video content in your title. It could be the number of tips you’re providing, steps in your DIY project, or even the current year.
This can make your title more specific, drawing viewers interested in that particular topic or format.
Lastly, remember that brevity is king when it comes to YouTube titles. Aim to keep your titles between 40-50 characters for optimal ranking in YouTube searches.
Too lengthy titles may get cut off, reducing their impact and potentially confusing potential viewers.
Mastering how to get views on YouTube is a strategic process that involves tweaking various aspects of your content and improving your video title, CTR is a significant step in that direction.
Keep experimenting and analyzing the performance of different title strategies to find what works best for your channel and content.
4. Get More “Suggested Video” Views:
Successful channels often get many views from YouTube’s “Suggested Videos.” These are related videos that YouTube promotes next to the video someone is currently watching.
Understanding how to get views on YouTube through “Suggested Videos” can effectively increase your audience reach. Here’s how you can make the most of it:
Add Compelling Thumbnails: Thumbnails are the first thing viewers see. Make them intriguing, relevant, and high-quality. This encourages click-throughs leading to increased views.
Keep your audience engaged: The longer viewers stay on your video, the more likely YouTube is to recommend your content in the “Suggested Videos” section.
Optimize your video’s metadata: Metadata includes your title, description, and tags. Ensure they’re relevant and compelling, and include the keyword “how to get views on YouTube” and other related terms.
Create high-quality content: YouTube’s algorithms favor high-quality, engaging content. Always aim to produce videos that provide value to your viewers.
Link to your other videos: Use end screens and cards to promote your other videos. This can help increase your overall views and viewer retention rates.
Network with other YouTubers: Collaborations can expose your channel to a new audience, leading to more views, especially if you’re featured in the “Suggested Videos” of a popular YouTuber.
Remember, mastering YouTube is a gradual process. As you continue to apply these strategies, you’ll notice an improvement in your video views. Keep testing different methods to see what works best for your channel.
5. Use the “MVC Formula” for Video Tags
To master YouTube and understand how to get views on YouTube, one must not overlook the importance of video tags. This component, often underestimated, can significantly influence your video’s visibility and, consequently, its views.
Let’s explore how to enhance your videos’ performance with the “MVC formula” for video tags.
The MVC (Meta, Visibility, and Categorization) formula is a proven approach for creating effective video tags. This formula revolves around three core aspects:
1. Meta refers to including relevant keywords and phrases that accurately describe your video content. These tags aid YouTube’s algorithm in understanding your content and presenting it to the right audience.
2. Visibility: To increase your chances of getting views on YouTube, you need to use popular and trending tags relevant to your video. These tags can enhance your video’s visibility.
3. Categorization: Using tags to categorize your video in the right genre or niche. It helps YouTube suggest your video to users who are interested in such content.
Remember, while using the MVC formula, avoiding tag stuffing is essential. Instead, focus on selecting a handful of highly relevant and effective tags.
To optimize your tags, consider these tips:
– Use a mix of broad and specific tags. For instance, if your video is about vegan recipes, use tags like ‘vegan,’ ‘recipes,’ and ‘vegan cooking.’
– Use YouTube’s auto-suggest feature. As you type in your tags, YouTube will suggest popular terms you want to consider.
– Keep an eye on your competitors. Look at the tags they use for similar content and incorporate them where relevant.
Remember, learning how to get views on YouTube takes time and practice. By consistently applying the MVC formula for video tags, you’ll be sure to make strides in the right direction.
6. Share Videos on Quora, Reddit, and Forums
One of the most effective strategies for getting views on YouTube is by extending your reach beyond the platform itself. This includes sharing your content on forums such as Quora and Reddit. These platforms have millions of active users daily, making them an excellent avenue to win over new viewers and subscribers.
The key is to engage in relevant discussions and subtly promote your content. For instance, if you have a cooking channel, you could answer questions about cooking techniques on Quora and include a link to your video for a more detailed explanation.
Quora: An Untapped Resource
Quora is a goldmine for YouTube creators. Why? Because you can search for questions related to your video content and provide answers along with your video link. This increases your visibility and positions you as an authority in your niche.
Here’s how to go about it:
– Find relevant questions: Use the search bar to find questions related to your niche.
– Provide value: Your answer should be informative and detailed. Embed your video within the answer only if it provides additional value.
Reddit: The Front Page of the Internet
Reddit, known as ‘the front page of the internet’, is another fantastic platform to gain views. However, Redditors are known for their dislike of spam, so the approach here should be more nuanced.
Follow these steps:
– Find relevant subreddits: These are communities focused on specific topics.
– Engage genuinely: Comment, upvote, and create posts before you share your video.
– Share sparingly: Only share videos when they genuinely contribute to the discussion.
Forums: Your Niche Community
Forums may seem old-school, but they are still relevant. Niche-specific forums have dedicated communities likely to be interested in your content. Engage with these communities, answer questions, and share your videos when appropriate.
By leveraging these platforms, you can effectively learn how to get views on YouTube, thereby growing your channel’s reach and engagement.
7. Rank Your Videos in Google Search
YouTube is not just a social media platform; it’s the second-largest search engine after Google. So, how to get views on YouTube? The answer lies in mastering the art of ranking your videos on Google. Let’s delve into the practical steps you need to take.
The first step is keyword research. Find what keywords people are using to search for content similar to yours. Numerous keyword tools are available online, but Google’s Keyword Planner is reliable.
Remember, the goal is not to stuff your video with these keywords but to incorporate them naturally into your title, description, and tags.
Next, optimize your video title and description. A well-crafted title can spark interest and drive traffic to your video. Make sure it’s catchy, relevant, and includes your main keyword.
Your description should be detailed, summarizing the video content and strategically using keywords.
Now, let’s talk about video tags. These are the descriptive keywords that help YouTube understand what your video is about. Use your main keyword first, then add related ones.
To find relevant tags, look at what successful YouTubers in your niche use.
Finally, promote your video on other social media platforms. Share the link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other platforms where you have a presence.
This will increase your reach and improve your SEO ranking, as Google considers social media shares when ranking content.
Remember, understanding how to get views on YouTube isn’t just about creating great content; it’s about ensuring it gets seen.
Ranking on Google can significantly boost your visibility, leading to increased views and growth for your YouTube channel. Stay tuned for more practical steps on mastering YouTube.
8. Optimize Videos for Comments, Likes, and Subscriptions
Understanding how to get views on YouTube is not just about creating engaging content. It’s also about optimizing your videos for interaction, which includes comments, likes, and subscriptions.
One of the most effective ways to increase your YouTube views is by encouraging your viewers to engage with your content. YouTube’s algorithm favours videos that generate a lot of interaction.
Thus, videos with high engagement rates are more likely to appear in search results and recommendations, leading to more views.
But how can you optimize your videos for this? Here are some practical steps:
1. End your videos with a call-to-action: This can be as simple as asking viewers to like, comment, or subscribe to your channel.
2. Engage with your audience: Respond to comments on your videos. This builds a community around your channel and encourages future engagement.
3. Incentivize engagement: This might involve hosting giveaways or contests that require viewers to like, comment, or subscribe to participate.
Remember, the goal is not to get a one-time spike in views. Instead, it’s about building an active community that consistently engages with your content. This way, you not only learn how to get views on YouTube but also how to maintain them.
You may also consider using YouTube’s end-screen feature to promote your other videos or asking viewers to share them on their social media platforms. This can help to maximize your reach and attract new viewers to your channel.
By implementing these strategies, you can optimize your videos for more comments, likes, and subscriptions, thereby increasing your YouTube views.
But remember, the key to YouTube’s success is consistency.
Keep creating high-quality content that resonates with your audience, engage with them regularly, and monitor your video performance to make necessary adjustments.
9. Improve Your Channel’s “Session Time”
Understanding “Session Time” is an indispensable tactic for getting views on YouTube. YouTube’s algorithm loves channels that keep viewers engaged for extended periods.
Simply put, the longer people stay on your platform, the better your chances of gaining visibility and, subsequently, more views.
So, what exactly is “Session Time”? This refers to a viewer’s total time on YouTube during a single visit. If your video is the first one a user watches, and they continue to watch more videos after yours, your session time increases.
Consequently, YouTube is likely to recommend your content more often.
Here are a few practical steps to improve your channel’s session time:
* Create a Playlist: Craft a well-curated playlist of your videos. This encourages viewers to watch more of your content in one sitting, extending the session time.
* Promote Other Videos: At the end of each video, promote other related videos on your channel. This can be done through end screens or annotations, enticing viewers to stick around.
* Quality over Quantity: Focus on creating high-quality content that grips your viewers’ attention. The better your content, the longer viewers will stay.
Lastly, make sure to track your progress. Regularly check your channel’s analytics to see what strategies work best for you. It’s essential to refine your approach based on these insights consistently.
Learning how to get views on YouTube is a challenging but rewarding process. By putting in the effort to increase your session time, you’ll be well on your way to mastering YouTube. Remember, every step taken in the right direction counts.
10. Optimize Your End Screen for Views
One of the most practical ways how to get views on YouTube is by capitalizing on the end screen of your videos. This crucial yet often overlooked area can be a game changer in boosting your view count.
The end screen pops up in the last 5-20 seconds of your video and can feature a variety of elements. These may include links to other videos, playlists, or even a subscribe button to your channel.
The beauty this offers lies in its ability to keep your viewers engaged, thus leading to more views.
Create a Strong Call to Action
A strong call to action (CTA) can encourage viewers to continue exploring your content. This could be a simple directive like, “Check out my other videos” or “If you enjoyed this content, don’t forget to subscribe.”
Feature Relevant Videos or Playlists
Showcasing related content can increase viewer retention. Viewers who enjoyed your video will likely be interested in similar content. Avoid random recommendations; select videos or playlists that logically continue from the current content.
Remember, the goal is to keep your viewer on your channel for as long as possible.
The longer they stay, the more likely YouTube’s algorithm will recommend your content to other users, naturally solving the puzzle of how to get views on YouTube.
Make it Visually Engaging.
Your end screen should be not only functional but also visually appealing. A well-designed end screen can hold the viewer’s attention and make them more likely to click on the additional content you’re promoting.
This is merely a slice of the pie on how to get views on YouTube. There are more strategies to explore, so stay tuned for more tips and tricks.
11. Master YouTube SEO Fundamentals
If you’ve ever wondered how to get views on YouTube, mastering YouTube SEO fundamentals is a crucial first step.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, increases your video’s visibility in YouTube’s organic search results. It’s about understanding what people are searching for, the type of content they want to see, and how YouTube’s algorithm works.
To increase your YouTube views, here are some SEO fundamentals you should focus on:
• Keyword Research: Find your target audience’s keywords for similar content. Use these keywords strategically in your video title, description, and tags.
• Engaging Thumbnails: A compelling thumbnail could decide between clicking on your video or scrolling past it. Make sure it’s relevant and visually appealing.
• High-Quality Content: Always prioritize quality over quantity. A well-crafted, engaging video is more likely to retain viewers and prompt YouTube’s algorithm to recommend your content to more users.
• Use Cards and End Screens: These are interactive elements that you can use to promote your other content, encouraging viewers to explore more of your channel.
Remember, understanding how to get views on YouTube involves more than just great content. It’s also about making sure that content is seen by the right people at the right time.
By mastering these YouTube SEO fundamentals, you’ll be well on your way to increasing your channel’s visibility and boosting your views.
12. Use Eye-Catching Playlist Titles
When navigating the bustling streets of YouTube, one of the proven strategies on how to get views on YouTube is through the use of compelling playlist titles.
Just as an alluring book title can pique a reader’s interest, a well-crafted playlist title can do wonders in attracting potential viewers to your YouTube channel. It can be a magnetic pull, enticing people to click and view your videos.
Here’s how you can optimize your playlist titles:
1. Use Keywords: Incorporate relevant keywords into your playlist titles. This boosts their visibility on YouTube’s search engine, thus increasing the chances of your videos being discovered.
2. Keep it Short and Sweet: Long titles can be off-putting and might not fully display on certain devices. Keep your titles succinct yet descriptive.
3. Speak to Viewer Interests: Craft your titles to mirror what your target audience is looking for. This enhances click-through rates and helps you gain more views.
4. Be Creative: Stand out by injecting creativity into your titles. This sets you apart from the competition and makes your content more memorable.
Remember, the goal is not just to gain views but to retain and convert viewers into loyal subscribers. Therefore, ensure that the videos within your playlist align with the expectations set by your title.
By mastering the art of creating eye-catching playlist titles, you’re one step closer to unraveling the secret of how to get views on YouTube. Let your titles be the beacon that guides viewers to your content amid the sea of videos on YouTube.