"This Post contains affiliate links, this means we earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page"
As the name suggests – Author Theme Pro from StudioPress is specifically created with writers in mind. Authors like you who earned their living by publishing and selling books online. It’s minimal and elegant style makes perfect for showcasing and selling your digital books.
If you’re looking for a book WordPress theme that lets you display a variety of books by categories. With clear big typography, that is boldly seen on the page. Author theme pro from Studiopress running on the famous Genesis FrameWork might just be what you need.
Author Pro WordPress Theme
Like with most StudioPress theme, Author pro theme is also a child theme that inherits its functionality from a parent theme called “Genesis Framework”. For any child theme to run smoothly and perform at its utmost best, you’ll need to first install the parent theme. Only after that, you will then install the child theme.
Don’t worry as your purchase of Genesis Author Pro WordPress Theme also includes the Genesis Framework. Except that you already have the Genesis framework on your blog.
The ability to combine Genesis Author pro WordPress theme with woo commerce shopping cart makes it also a good fit for other e-commerce purposes.
While some review post state that Author child theme comes with 3 layout options – full width, content/sidebar, and content/sidebar; is hard to see that on the demo page.
I check the author theme demo page carefully, and on the StudioPress theme page itself but couldn’t find any link to view the page layout options. Or any instruction on the features listing that state author theme comes with 3 layout options.
What I can see is a theme with no sidebars but full-width. You can check on the demo page yourself to see.
Also, it important to note that before installing the Author Pro child theme you’ll need to install and activate the author pro plugin which will create a custom post type and a library of your published works.
After installation of the author pro child theme plugin, it will provide you with functions to display on each book page:
- Cover Book with an optional text banner.
- Author Name.
- ISBN. Price.
- Available Format.
- Book Edition.
- Publication Date.
- Custom URL to where the book can be download or Purchase.
StudioPress Author Theme Pro Main Features:
- Widgets: Social sharing, Newsletter box, Custom Banners
- Featured Section to present work.
- HTML5 Markup.
- Post Type for Book listings (multiple taxonomy support)
- Author Pro plugin (Free): Add New Book, Series, Tags, Authors
- Buy button: Insert purchase links with books
- Featured images and Title: Book listing
- Advanced SEO options and Layouts
- Floating menu: Top (Page/post links), Taxonomy menu (Tags/Categories)
- Custom Options: Color styles, header, and background image option.
- Mobile Responsive.
- Landing Page Layout Option.