During my 4 years of marketing online, I had the opportunity of hosting websites (both clients and personal) with some of the web hosting services providers. All I can tell you is this, not many web host really know what hosting is all about and how important it is to the life of a business.
If you have an online presence for your business, you need a reliable and dedicated web hosting company to host your website files. After a lot of testing, comparing hosting services, Canel features, customer support services, downtime etc…
I “recommend” NameCheap as a reliable web hosting company you can trust. With as little as $9.88 you can get started with their shared hosting account and have your website online in minutes.
Below is a summary of how to order your hosting package from NameCheap
- Go to the Namecheap homepage by clicking on this link here.
- On the NameCheap homepage click on the Hosting tab at the top of the page navigation menu.
- Click on Shared Hosting from the drop down menu.
- Choose the service/package you require.
- Select the length of time you require this package for and location – US or UK datacenter.
- Click on Add to Cart.
- That’s it!
Now, let’s walk through the process one after the other.
While you’re on the NameCheap homepage, click on “Hosting” from the top navigation menu as seen in the image below.
From the drop down menu button, click on “Shared Hosting“.
Next, chose your hosting package of your choice.
As a starter, I advice you go with “Value” package for a start. Not because is the cheapest, but is possibly what you need at the moment. Plus you’re able to host up to 3 domain in your hosting account. Click on the “Add to Cart Button”.
Click on the “Add to Cart Button” when you’re through with your choice of package.
*You really don’t need to change the data center to that of UK* However, the choice is yours.
5. On the next page that opens, you will be prompted to choose a domain name for your new hosting package. This is if you don’t already have a domain name you wanted to use for your hosting account:
If you already have a registered domain name elsewhere with another registrar you wanted to use for your NameCheap hosting account. Choose “use a domain I own from another registrar” as seen in the image below.
6. On the next step, you can review your order details and apply a coupon if you have one. If you have a coupon code, enter it in the promo code box as seen in the image.
Click on Confirm Order to proceed to the checkout page:
7. Once done, choose the payment method for your hosting package. You can choose one of three payment methods – Credit Card, Paypal or Account Funds and enter your payment details:
If you’re paying with a Credit Card, enter the Card Number in the appropriate field and click on continue from the right side of the page as seen below. Same applies to other payment methods.
8. On the next page, you will see the final order listing and will need to agree to NameCheap Terms and Agreements. Agree to the term and agreement by checking the box, after that click on Pay Now red button as seen in the image below:
A shared hosting account is usually activated instantly, however, in some cases it might take up to an hour.
Once your account is activated, you will receive your hosting welcome message via the email address you submitted during the registration process. It will have all your account’s login details, settings, and instructions.
Go here now to purchase your hosting account from NameCheap and registered your domain name.