- Go to the Namecheap homepage by clicking on this link here.
- On the NameCheap homepage click on the Hosting tab at the top of the page navigation menu.
- Click on Shared Hosting from the drop down menu.
- Choose the service/package you require.
- Select the length of time you require this package for and location – US or UK datacenter .
- Click on Add to Cart.
- That’s it!
Now, let’s walk through the process one after the other.
While you’re on the NameCheap homepage, click on “Hosting” from the top navigation menu as seen in the image below.
From the drop down menu button, click on “Shared Hosting“.
Next, chose your hosting package of your choice.
As a starter I advice you go with “Value” package for a start. Not because is the cheapest, but is possibly what you need at the moment, Plus you’re able to host up to 3 domain in your hosting account. Click on the “Add to Cart Button”.
Click on the “Add to Cart Button” when you’re through with your choice of package.
*You really don’t need to change the data center to that of UK* However, the choice is yours.
5. On the next age that opens you will be prompted to choose a domain name for your new hosting package if you don’t already have a domain name you wanted to use for your hosting account:
If you already have a registered domain name elsewhere with another registrar you wanted to use for your NameCheap hosting account, chose “use a domain I own from another registrar” as seen in the image below.
6. On the next step, you can review your order details and apply a coupon if you have one. If you have a coupon code, enter it in the promo code box as seen in the image.
Click on Confirm Order to proceed to the checkout page:
7. Once done, choose the payment method for your hosting package. You can choose one of three payment methods – Credit Card, Paypal or Account Funds and enter your payment details:
If you’re paying with a Credit Card, enter the Card Number in the appropriate field and click on continue from the right side of the page as seen below. Same applies to other payment methods.
8. On the next page, you will see the final order listing and will need to agree to NameCheap Terms and Agreements. Agree to the term and agreement by checking the box, after that click on Pay Now red button as seen in the image below:
A shared hosting account is usually activated instantly, however, in some cases it might take up to an hour.
Once your account is activated, you will receive your Hosting Welcome Email via the email address you submit during the registration process – it will have all your account’s login details, settings, and instructions.
Go here now to purchase your hosting account from NameCheap and registered your domain name.