I came to know about Pat Flynn through a bloggers community I joined online; Bloggerslab, and ever since then, I have found his teachings very useful, informative, educative and as well, engaging. Pat is not new in the blogging world unless you’re just stepping into it - Blogosphere.
I visited his blog and without being told, I knew right away that I just have to subscribe to his newsletter, a decision that has proved to be a very good one. Pat priceless information are breath-taking and one every newbie blogger need to pay close attentions to.
In one of his email newsletter, he wrote:
Hi Shamsudeen!How are you? I hope all is well!I just wanted to give you a quick tip today, which is something that I use on my own blog that is a win for you because it will help you make extra money, and a win for your readers because you’ll be helping them out too.What is it?A resource or tools page.It’s totally underused in the online and blogging world (in my opinion), but it totally rocks.Here’s a link to mine, in case you haven’t seen it yet:As you can see, a resource page is simply a page (not a post), on your blog or website that has links to things that are useful for you and your readers in your specific niche.On my resource page, for example, I have links to hosting companies, shopping carts, keyword research tools, books, etc. – anything an upcoming online entrepreneur might find useful.The trick is this: about 90% of these links are affiliate links, meaning I will get paid a commission each time someone purchases or uses a service that I recommend on that page.Each month, I see $3000+ come directly from this page alone. It’s non-aggressive, because I’m not forcing anyone to view it or pitching anything like a salesmen, and people find it helpful too because everything they need is conveniently located in one spot.So, if you haven’t done so already, you should really consider creating a resource page for your site. Here are some final tips that you can take with you:
- Make sure you provide an easy way to access your resource page. A link in your navigation menu/bar does the trick for me.
- On the resource page itself, categorize the kinds of links you place on the page. It will make it easier to scan through, so people can get exactly what they might be looking for.
- Don’t forget to include your favorite books from Amazon.com. The commissions are small from these books, but you also get a piece of any other products that person buys when they are sent to Amazon from your specific link.
- Don’t forget to use some kind of tracking method to keep track of how many pageviews you have, and how many clicks you get for each link. You can use a tool such as http://bit.ly or http://budurl.com in order to do this.
- The best products and links to place on your resource page are ones that you’ve actually used before, which have helped you learn something valuable that others should learn too.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this week’ tip! Here’s to you and your online success.Cheers!-Pat
————This newsletter is being sent to you because you subscribed to Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income Newsletter at smartpassiveincome.com.
Here is your subscription information:
Subscribed on: June 29, 2013
If for any reason you do not want to receive any more valuable tips, resources and insider information about blogging, product creation and online marketing that can help you achieve a lifetime of automatic passive income, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the end of this email.
Yes, you could say Pat is trying selling his resource page, but look at it closely. Is a win win for both party even if I ended up clicking on his affiliate link. He opened my eyes to another way of monetizing a blog.
So, in the coming days am putting a resource page like that of Pat Fylnn up here on my blog. Am not in any way rushing to get it up live.
I’ll be patient with it and try as much as possible to gather up my best affiliate products and useful tools that help provide value to you and not just reaping you off your hard-earned money.
Do you planned to have something like that too on your blog that could make for an extra income stream or you already have one on your blog? If so, tell us, how is it performing?The best way to stay up to date with our blog post is by subscribing to our News letter,so you don't miss out on any of our most valuable information. Thank you !